Independent watchmaker, Ressence, and Sotheby’s Watches launches a competition to design a timepiece that will be sold by the auction house this summer
Ressence and Sotheby’s Watch Division are joining forces against the coronavirus by launching a competition to design a unique watch. The creativity of watch lovers who join will help support medical research.
The competition will be open from 28 April (2pm GMT) until 12 May (2pm GMT). The winning design will be selected by Belgian designer and Ressence founder Benoît Mintiens, in consultation with the brand’s Swiss manufacturers, who will then bring the winning design to life as a watch.
The successful designer will have their name engraved on the case of the piece. The unique piece will be offered in Sotheby’s Hong Kong “Important Watches” auction on 11 July. Proceeds from the sale will support the Covid-19 Research Programme at KU Leuven University in Belgium
How To Join
Contestants can download the outline drawings (dial and back) of the Type 1 Slim on www.ressencewatches.com/TimeToDraw
- There are no restrictions on the tools participants can use: From colouring pencils and felt pens to Photoshop, nothing is off-limits.
- The following specifications should be submitted along with the drawing:
– Colour for each component (only one colour per component)
– Colour of the graphics (numbers and lines)
– Colour of the graphics glow(Superluminova)
- The design (graphical format) should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12 May (2pm GMT), together with the participant’s contact details and name or inscription to be engraved on the case of the watch.
- Drawings can also be shared on Instagram with the hashtag #WatchesAgainstCovid19 and the tags @ressence_watches and @SothebysWatches